Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Final Project

Through out this semester I have learned a lot about photography.  I have not only learned many different techniques to take nice photos but I have also learned the difference between what makes a photo one that is pleasing to look at and makes you want it and one that is not necessarily pleasing to look at and maybe you don't like it that much.  I have learned how to make sure that the photos I am taking are not the ones that someone is not going to want to look at but instead ones that people will want to look and maybe even one day buy.  I think that everyone hopes that someday someone will want to buy their photos. It’s funny, before taking this class I never even thought about photography as a career.  I always thought it was something you either had a nack for or you didn’t and I thought I didn’t.  But I have learned that you can teach yourself how to take amazing pictures how to tell when the moment is there and how to capture it they way you want to.  The photos that I chose to represent the work I have done and things I have learned throughout the semester are at the end of this post.  I chose these photos because I (like most other people) am my own worst critic and I am NEVER happy with anything I do.  However these photos are different, I even displayed them on my facebook page, because I am proud of these pictures.  I figure that if I am happy with these photos and proud of them then they show the progress I have made and what I have learned throughout the semester.  I definitely want to continue to study photography and I would love to expand my knowledge and experience about and with a camera.  When I was in high school I worked with a local photographer.  I didn’t do a whole lot but he took me under his wing and really showed me a lot of different things.  About a year ago he succumbed to pancreatic cancer and if it wasn’t for him and the time he spent showing me different things and teaching me what he taught me then I may not have even been interested in taking that class.  So I would love to at some point in the future take a series of photos and dedicate them to him, but I want to make sure that the photos really do him justice and this class has gotten me well on my way to being able to do that!






No comments:

Post a Comment